Monday, October 13, 2008

The Perfect Cup of Coffee



I have to admit that McDonalds wouldn't be my number one choice for coffee, if it was just about what's in the cup. I mean, they do a good job, but it is hard to beat the Starbucks experience if you consider yourself a coffee aficionado. It also wouldn't be my number one choice if I was ordering it along with my 'breakfast on the go' - you would be more likely to find me at Panera.

However, McDonalds does do one thing that makes me love them that no one else does. When I am going through the drive through they put the cream and sweetener in my coffee for me. It sounds like a small thing right? Wrong! Have any of you tried driving while putting cream and sugar into a boiling hot cup of coffee. Especially if you have elementary school offspring in the back saying 'Mom stop doing that - you are going to kill us'.

So it is a small thing that in my life has taken on huge proportions. I love it when I go to another drive through and ask if they will put the cream and sweetener in for me and they tell me blunting 'we don't do that'.

It makes my day to have that done for me - it has made me a fan of McDonalds which I never thought would happen.

No comments: